Tuesday, February 24, 2009

PRAYING FOR DAYLIGHT.............



Now hear this!!!!

Now hear this!!!!

Brag time that's right you heard me brag time!
At heart I am a hopeless romantic....I try my best to show my wife that I love her and that there is nothing that I can do nor say that can touch the surface of how I feel about her. I cant give her the world but at least I can give her part of it!!

(flash back to the day before valentines......)

I was working a lot the week of Valentines day and new that I would be VERY busy on Valentines...in fact I had to work and I new I would not be home till late so I had to devise a plan.(evil laugh) I had found out a couple days before that Rascal Flatts was going to be in town in a couple weeks!! How could I have possibly have missed this! I and Heidi had been to every Rascall Flatts concert that had ever come to Boise since they were first a group! We saw them when they came to the fair back in the day!! They have truly been awesome!

Naturally I am always wanting to be the "International Man of Mystery" to suprise my wife whenever I can!
Earlier that day she said "Honey come straight home! No stops on the way because we have Parent Teacher Confrences at 4:30 and I need some help getting all the kids there!!".....So whats a little white lie when your the "International Man of Mystery!!!"
As we were heading home I called Heidi and told her that "Heidi I really apologize but I got on a long call and I am going to be late and I don't think I am going to make it home in time!!" ....(hee,hee) So I detoured to the Idaho Center and picked up the tickets and then I took my carpool buddy Patrick home. I then went on a wild goose chase to pick up some flowers. But the new place in down town Caldwell is amazing!! When I walked into the place it was 4:10...hence I had 20 minutes to get what I wanted and then off to the school,which mind you is at least 10 miles from where I was at. I would also like to point out its the day before Valentines, which is a florists NIGHTMARE!! And I ask the question.....I know .....Im crazy...but here it goes..
"I want this here(pointing to what I want) and I want it in purple and I want it in ten minutes...can you do that?"
The 2 gals there looked at each other with a look like"Is this guy nuts?" And they said "We will do our best!!!" They went in the back and in a little over 10 minutes came out with this beauty...


Can you see the heart made of garland behind the roses?
(yeah I know....I'm a stud)

Well I finally went to the school and as I was walking in the door, I was trying to figure out what room she was in because we had 2 kids doing the whole Parent Teacher Conference thing! Suddenly I saw a big group of high school kids walking in the door all dressed in Tux's and black dresses, some of them I recognize. One young mans stopped and told me that they are doing singing telegrams!! I asked if he would sing to my wife? And he said they would! So I found the class and embarrassed her with the flowers and the tickets and then later the choir walked in and sang to my wife!! It was awesome!!

Well tomorrows the BIG DAY!! And on my way home today I and a buddy got these shots of the tour coming into town!!!

I can't wait!! First date since the baby has been born!! Woo Hoo!!



I Love You Heidi!!

4 comments:

  1. You are one of a kind and I am glad that I was the one chosen to spend eternity with you. I can't wait for the concert. How long has it been since we did anything without the kids? Too long. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stud! Have fun you too, and don't worry about the kids while you're on your date. Take a break and have a grand ol' time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rule! Have a good time and bob that head, just like the truck says, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't tell you that I have a personal "in" when in comes to Rascal Flatts! If you're curious you can ask.

    ReplyDelete